Fairwood Christian Preschool
March 12, 2020
It is with heavy hearts that we have made the decision to temporarily close our preschool in order to slow the spread of coronavirus, which is now categorized as a pandemic. Coronavirus (COVID-19) is not at all connected to race, ethnicity or nationality. The risk to the general public is low. Worldwide, 2 percent of cases are reported in people younger than age 20. Those most at risk are the immunocompromised and the elderly. However, preschoolers have little understanding of the importance of hygiene or keeping distance from others who may be symptomatic.
After meeting on Wednesday with Gov. Jay Inslee, several school districts announced a temporary closure of schools to help prevent the spread of this virus. Today, all schools K through 12th grade will close until April 24th. As we follow their lead, we are temporally closing our doors. The risk to our community can’t be ignored.
We want to support you at home with your children the only way we can. For some, this causes childcare issues. For others, the prospect of staying at home with your child every day while limiting visits to public places is daunting. We plan to post daily activities you can do with your child at home each day. If you are looking for temporary childcare, one of our preschool teachers may be willing to help. Please contact our office.
Here are a few things we’d like you to know and consider as we move forward:
- Fairwood Christian Preschool is completely a not for profit enterprise
- We do not receive any funds from the State or Federal government
- Our teachers and support staff depend on tuition to receive their paycheck
- We will issue refunds (partial or full month) depending on the length of the closure, upon request
- Please consider paying tuition as a donation to our teachers and support staff
- We can provide tax documents as proof of donation during this time
We realize not everyone is able to donate in this way given the current situation. Thank you nonetheless for considering it.
Sincerely, Your Preschool staff